Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hong Kong Day 1 & 2

I went to Hong Kong for 6 nights and I've decided to split into 3 separate posts. One post will include 2 days of the trip. Throughout the whole post, I will list out where I've went and probably list down the address if I could find it as well. I didn't manage to take pictures of all the places I went, but I will still list it down below. 

DAY 1

Kicking the start of the day with a 6.50am flight. We reached Hong Kong airport at about 11am and took bus A21 which drop us off near our hotel. There might be buses to your hotel from the airport and it is very convenient and the bus was spacious. There is even a place to let us put our luggage. The fare for the bus was 33HKD per person whereas for MTR , it cost about 100HKD. Do get the octopus card from the airport first as you need it to travel to pretty much everywhere. I didn't even took the cab at all.

By the way, we stayed at Eaton Hotel which is located at Jordan/Yau ma tei. 

Most hotels check in time is at 2pm. We had time to spare so we headed for lunch first. 

Lunch : Australian Dairy Company 澳洲牛奶公司  
G/F, 47-49 Parkes Street, Jordan 
佐敦白加士街47-49號地下

Average price per meal : 30HKD
It is a popular 茶餐厅 located around that area I guess. There is always a queue but the staffs were very efficient. Actually, I feel quite stressed eating there as people just order > eat > go. So i did not snap any photos in the end. The service is pretty bad as well.

Dinner : Hing Kee Restaurant 興記菜館
G/F, 14, 15, 19, 21 Temple Street & 48 Arthur Street, Yau Ma Tei
油麻地廟街14,15, 19, 21號 及鴉打街48號

Average price per meal : 35 HKD

This restaurant serves different kinds of claypot rice and the oyster omelette taste quite good! I think they have about 5 shops around the same area. It is located near temple street and about a few minutes walk from Yau Ma Tei Station.

We didn't do much on day 1 as we just walked around our area. 











DAY 2

Areas covered : Causeway Bay/Central

Breakfast/Lunch : Chi Kee Wonton Noodle 池記雲吞麵家  
G/F, 52 Russell St,, Causeway Bay
銅鑼灣羅素街52號地下

Average price per meal : 60HKD (in a set)

This place serves mostly noodles and porridge. It is popular for its wonton mee though. Their noodles are much more thinner than the one in Singapore. I prefer our noodles though. But the food was pretty good though. I took a photo of the menu below !












Tea break : Yee Shun Dairy Company 港澳義順牛奶公司  

Nathan Road
G/F, 513 Nathan Road 



Causeway Bay
G/F, 506 Lockhard Road, Causeway Bay



Jordan
G/F, 63 Pilkem St, Jordan

(Some outlets I came across. I ate it twice, once at the one at Causeway Bay, and another at Jordan.)

Average price per pax : 30 HKD

You really have to try the Double Steamed Milk(雙皮燉奶) !! It is seriously damn yummy. But it is quite pricey at about 27HKD ($4+) for a bowl. 







Attraction : The Peak

Ticket cost per pax : 75 HKD

I walked from Central station to the peak tram lower terminus. (Info on how to get there : http://www.thepeak.com.hk/en/2_1.asp ) . It is about a 7-10 minutes walk. We went there on a Saturday so there was a long queue. We queued for about an hour before being able to get our tickets. When we came down, we had to queue for about another 45 minutes.  The view is definitely worth the wait. And do bring a jacket as it is quite chilly at the top. I underestimated the coldness and was freezing. 











Star Ferry
Price : About 3+ HKD using octupus card (I took on a weekend so it was more pricey i think)



I will be back to update more! ( There are a few more places i went but i will probably leave the addresses in the last post! )

Going to Malacca in like 6 hours for a short getaway! I will be back on Saturday. Can't wait to eat all the yummy food :) And they only have wired internet in the hotel room...Too lazy to bring my laptop but hopefully have wifi to access to my twitter/instagram etc. Should be able to survive, ahahaha.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment